Tuesday, November 2, 2010

For the love of trees

I love trees
There is just something so peaceful and beautiful about them
so it only made sense to me to include them somehow in my wedding
so there is a group of trees in my front yard, that almost make a perfect circle
so I framed pictures of chase and I 
and nailed them to the tree
{thanks brother and dad} 
and strung tulle across the tree limbs
and put our guest table in front of that
I must say that this was one of my favorite parts

The picture in the middle is of me and my sister and our great grandmother Esther.
She was a wonderful woman, I wish I could have known her longer.





I had one of my friends make the guest book
It was just a drawing of a tree
The guests stamped their finger print on as a leaf
and signed their name underneath it.
Regina Spektor's song Us is a special song to me and chase
so of course this line was written on the bottom
"They'll name a city after us, and later say its all our fault"

When I was planning the wedding this line of the song was my inspiration.









1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh my gosh Makenna!It's so gorgeous/Indy/dreamy feeling with the perfect accents. I'm in love with your wedding.