Sunday, February 13, 2011

without you I would be nothing {or just sleeping in while giving in}

Arcade Fire completes me
I have been made fun of since '06 for liking them
countless {well not countless, but it adds a nice dramatic effect} boyfriends have made fun of me for l.o.v.i.n.g. them
it was either not country enough or not "hard" enough for the people at my high school
even my freshmen year of college I was told that "it sounded like the speakers were broken" when some boy and his friends tried to listen to them.

Then one time last year I posted a status on facebook expressing my love for them
I got comments about how other people loved them
I was so confused yet so excited that other people
understood the 
I-don't-know-how-to-describe-my-love-for-them 
type of love and awe.

Dear, 
Arcade Fire 
I love that you are gaining the popularity that you deserve
I love that other people love you the way I do
but, I kind of liked you being my special treasure
I love that through my college years I wrote on a notecard
"sleeping in is giving in, no matter what the time is
sleeping in is giving in, so lift those heavy eye lids"
posted on the ceiling about my bed.
So as your gaining popularity
don't forget me.
don't forget that I stood up for you always
that I loved you even more because of it.
Congrats on your grammy that is so well deserved
I am going to go rock out to your music now.
I love you
you make me complete.

P.S.
Thanks for always being there for me when I needed it the most, and thanks for the beautiful music you make. {especially The Funeral album}

2 comments:

Rachel said...

MaKenna, I'm going out on a limb and assuming you may not have found this yet. If you have, you can just enjoy it again anyways. I'll be honest, I didn't used to be a fan of Arcade Fire but this truly changed my opinion of them... enjoy :)
http://www.blogotheque.net/Arcade-Fire,2868 And if you haven't seen this one yet I just posted the link on my blog. It's a Bon Iver video. http://fringedesign.tumblr.com/ I could spend days watchign all of these amazing take away shows by lablogotheque.

MaKenna said...

Thank you Rachel! I LOVED both videos! Started my day of right!