Tuesday, April 7, 2009

ga suki desu

itdakimasu

  The word above, is very important if you are EVER going to go to Japan. They say this before they eat, everything. By everything I mean, the smallest piece of candy you can imagine to the biggest meal. Everything. The proper way is to put your hands up in in tandasana form, or like you are a 3 year old praying in church, bow and say, "itdakimaaasssuuu" Than pick up your chopsticks and begin on the wonderful, delicious food that is in front of you.
One of my favorite foods there, and that I miss dearly is curry. Oh my mouth is watering just thinking about it. My host mom, made the best curry. I had 3 bowls of it. Stop judging, you would too. Its just so good, it looks like gravy that has carrots and potato's and sometimes it has meat in it (its best with chicken) and you put that on the opposite side that you put your rice on. Sometimes they have this red stuff on the side, put that on there. I don't know what it is, but it is so good. 
The sushi there is also so sinfully undeniably delicious. It's just so fresh that its basically swimming in your mouth. That's gross I probably shouldn't have said that, and it hurts my feelings. Anyways, it is so delicious and cheap and they have sushi restaurants that the sushi comes out on conveyor belts, watch this its pretty funny and its like you are the sushi. They also have udon noodles that are to die for. I am also pretty sure that those white and pink flower looking things, are similar to the fake chicken meat in our soups, its very fish tasting, but I promise, that doesn't come in all soups, and the soup is still delightful.

gochisōsama deshita

No comments: