It's hard to believe that I am starting in my third decade.
For a majority of the time, I still feel like a little girl.
I get my age wrong, I always have.
I have said I am 19, when I am 21.
When I was 20, I said I was 18.
When I was 18, I said I was 16.
I am not one to get stuck in the past,
I more so get stuck in the future.
I just hate that time flies, and the older I get, the faster it goes.
I can't believe that I am a junior, in college.
I think of freshmen year like it was yesterday.
Time is flying
And I am starting a new decade,
And going to do my best to not waste one day.
- spent NYE of 1999 with my mom, I was at a friends house, but got sentimental and wanted to spend such a monumental time with my mom. So I called her saying I was sick, and she came and got me.
- transitioned to junior high when I started 6th grade.
-laughed in science class when we went over anatomy.
-had a 3-year crush on a boy with glasses
- wasn't one of the tallest in my class when all the boys hit puberty
- cheated on a math assignment and got caught
- skipped class
- jumped out of the window when the teacher left the room
- got sent to the principals office
- got detention
- learned that yes it's okay to stand up for yourself, but not during class, to a teacher. (and not to use attitude)
- played in my first school basketball game
- practiced with the high school girls over Christmas break
- learned just how mean girls can really be
- got grounded
- got baptized
- had my first kiss
- got kissed at church camp
- had my first boyfriend
- broke up with my first boyfriend on Christmas Eve
- wasn't allowed to wear makeup
-became freshmen in high school
- terrified my first day of high school
- played pranks on boys
- decided to grow my hair out
- participated in my first homecoming
- played 9th grade basketball and varsity basketball
- got my drivers permit
- got my drivers license
- got my first cell phone when I was 16
- got the Ashlee Simpson CD for my 16th birthday
- got every NOW cd
- quit playing the piano
- Tessa Knight became more than a relative, she became my best friend
- allowed to wear my make up when I turned 16
- got kissed by a really cute guy during a game of the body part game, at a Student Council Convention at West Moore
- had my world fall apart
- watched my sister get married
- watched my sister move to Chicago
- won 3 state championships
- hated every day of high school
- graduated high school
-moved out and moved into OC apartments to work in the student life office 1 week after graduation.
- grew up that summer
- became a freshman at OC
- found my best friends during Freshmen Fanfare and Intramurals
- 'got naughty' during football intramurals
- embarrassingly met my future husband at a wedding by hitting his butt with my hand
- became close with Amy Kelly (you are more than a blessing in my life)
- slept through my alarm and missed my first classes
- failed my first APE exam.
- had a crush on my APE teacher
- loved every minute of first semester
- snuck out of tinius a million times by jumping over the fence
- had my first college break up
- missed my friends so much over Christmas break
- saw my future husband in the bookstore with my best friend and raved about how handsome he is, and she had to remind me that I had a boyfriend
- hung out with my future husband, decided I didn't like him, decided I really liked him.
- had a monumental talk with him after an ex wouldn't leave him alone when we first started dating. ( he was such a gentlemen and had it taken care of before I knew the extent of it)
- he said, "I don't know if this makes sense, but I do not believe in divorce"
- had the best of friends
- witnessed this, "Then the circle of your friends, will defend the silver living."
- loved second semester
- had the best summer
- traveled the world first semester of sophomore year
- rode bikes on Xi’an wall
-climbed the great wall
-saw the terra cotta soldiers
- ate the best sweet and sour chicken in Beijing
-lived with a host family in Japan
-climbed Mt. Fuji
- went to the Hiroshima memorial
-bungee jumped off the highest tower in Macau (over 600 feet)
- sky dived 15,000 ft in New Zealand
- snorkeled the Great Barrier Reef in Australia
- saw a ballet in the Opry House
- went to Pearl Harbor memorial in Hawaii
- Chase told me he loved me after his graduation
- my sister had Chloe Starr
- Fell in love with Chloe Starr
- rushed Theta Theta Theta (and got in)
- got engaged
- turned 21
- my best friend got married
- Was an RA (worst decision ever, don't do it)
-Quit being an RA
- Conquered psychological stats
- Found a love in cooking
-Wednesday night girl’s night at mcnellies
I have learned so much during my life, it definitely has been amazing, yes, there are regrets, yes there was heartache, but I think the good outweighs the bad.
I am so excited for this next year.
Happy New Year